We are relocating our Cairo office!
As of June 1st, 2017, please note our new address:
Intersection of Mokattam Road and Autostrade,
Facing the Citadel, Mokattam
Cairo , 11411
Tel: +20 2 2510 0000
Fax: +20 2 2510 5555
Thank you for your continued patronage.
Eldib & Co
For any inquires please contact email@example.com
This year, we are excited to sponsor the Libya Investment Summit 2017 which is scheduled to take place at Pera Palace in Istanbul, Turkey on May 9 to 11. This summit addresses several opportunities for investment in construction, engineering, hydrocarbon and banking sectors; specifically on how the concerned sectors and regulators can work together to enable firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com should you have any enquiries or comments related to Libya and its legal framework.
- Individuals to be Egyptian nationals
- Having been engaged in business for at least two consecutive years prior to applying for registration; this can be proved with a certificate from the competent Chamber of Commerce approved by the General Union of Chambers of Commerce. The minimum volume of business in the last year, as indicated in the tax return submitted to the Tax Authority, shall not be less than EGP 2,000,000. Holders of an importation license, at the time of issuance of this law, shall be exempted from such requirement.
- When applying for registration, the amount of capital indicated in the commercial register shall not be less than EGP 500,000
- Holders of importation licenses, at the time of issuance of this law, shall reconcile their conditions within six months in accordance with provisions of this law and the implementing regulations to be issued within six months of the effective date of the law.
- Company to be registered in the commercial registry. Partnerships and limited liability companies should have been registered in the commercial registry for at least one year. The minimum volume of business in the last year, as indicated in the tax return submitted to the Tax Authority, shall not be less than EGP 5,000,000. Companies which hold import licenses shall be exempted from such requirement at the effect date of the implementing regulations of this law
- The paid capital of the partnerships and limited liability companies shall not be less than EGP 2,000,000
- The issued capital of the joint stock companies and partnerships limited by shares shall not be less than EGP 5,000,000. 51% of the shares of the partners in the joint stock companies, partnerships limited by shares, limited liability companies and partnerships must be owned by Egyptians. Companies which hold importation licenses, at the time of issuance of this law, shall reconcile their conditions in accordance with the provisions of this law within six months of the effective date.
|1||Milk and dairy products (except for children milk), not exceeding 2 kg|
|2||Preserved and dried fruits prepared for retail sale, not exceeding 2 kg|
|3||Oils and greases prepared for retail sale in packs, not exceeding 5 kg|
|5||Chocolates and other food items that include cocoa prepared for retail sale, not exceeding 2 kg|
|6||Dough and foods prepared for cereals, bread products, and baked goods|
|7||Fruit juices prepared for retail sale in packs not exceeding 10 kg|
|8||Fresh/ mineral waters and soft drinks|
|9||Cosmetics and oral or dental care products, deodorants, bathing products and perfumes|
|10||Soap and detergents, prepared for retail sale|
|11||Table, eating, and kitchen utensils|
|12||Tubs, basins, wash-basins, toilet seats, toilet covers and other sanitary products|
|13||Sanitary paper, cosmetic paper, diapers, towels and table cloths|
|14||Floor and wall tiles|
|15||Glass items for table and kitchen use|
|17||Household appliances (refrigerators, ACs, fans, washing machines, electric water heaters, televisions, radios, etc…)|
|18||Home and office furniture|
|19||Bicycles and motorbikes|
|21||Light sets for household use|
|22||Toys for children|
|23||Furniture, except that used for professional protection, diving and medical uses|
|24||Rugs, floor and wall coverings, and textile and non-textile rugs|
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.We shall have the pleasure of assisting you with existing and upcoming matters. Should you wish to receive our schedule of fees for a specific jurisdiction, please contact us at